Need to post job again for extension ?

johnjames

Hello Gurus,

Looking for your advise.

My H1B extension is being prepared as my 6 years will be up in Oct 2013. The attorney has told my manager that she needs to post the job again in the notice boards etc for 10 days similar to the process during initial H1B. For the first extension after 3 years, we didn't have to do that.

(sidenote: My GC process has started and have an approved I-140)

Is this normal practice or what is the idea behind this ? I didn't get a chance to talk with the attorney yet.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Hello Gurus,

Looking for your advise.

My H1B extension is being prepared as my 6 years will be up in Oct 2013. The attorney has told my manager that she needs to post the job again in the notice boards etc for 10 days similar to the process during initial H1B. For the first extension after 3 years, we didn't have to do that.

(sidenote: My GC process has started and have an approved I-140)

Is this normal practice or what is the idea behind this ? I didn't get a chance to talk with the attorney yet.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Idea is to give equal opportunity to local ppl too. And not tunnel all opportunities to offshore. 

It had to be done for the first extension as well.

This is a new LCA, so the job offer has to be posted.

Thanks JoeF for your quick reply and clarification. For some reason, neither I or my manager seem to remember doing it. Now, I don't need to bug my attorney with stupid questions ! :-)

Thanks again !!

Archived