H1B visa approved on June 5th 2013 in HYD Consulate

ynnr

Hi all,

First of all many thanks to all the members and administrators of the murthy.com. The posts in this forum really helped me to prepare better for the interview process.

Now it is my turn to share my visa stamping experience.

Little bit about my background:

-----------------------------

I am working for one of the top software consulting firms in the US as a full time employee for the past 3 years. I am in my 6th year of my H1. I recently got 3 years extension based on my approved I-140.

OFC appointment:

------------------

4th June:

My appointment was at 10:30 AM. I have reached the Gowra Grand building at 9 AM. All the 10:30AM people are asked to wait outside the gate in the sun (luckily it was not that hot on that day) until 10AM. The security guys let us in at around 10AM. The finger printing and photo were taken at the same counter. Entire process was done in 15-20 mins.

Consular appointment:

----------------------

5th June:

My appointment was at 10AM and I have reached the consulate at 9:10AM and stood in the queue. The security guys checked the passport and let me in immediately. All the 10AM guys were asked to sit in the chairs in the waiting area in the shade. They were still sending the 9:30AM guys for security check. We were called after waiting for around 30-40 mins. There was one counter just before the security check where they attached a token number slip to the passport. After that we were proceeded to the security check. Once the security check is done we were asked to sit in the final waiting area where token numbers are called in the serial order along with the counter numbers.The token numbers and the respective counter numbers are displayed on the TV monitors there. There are restrooms there and a small snack bar where snacks and drinks are available for purchase. My token number was called after waiting for 15-20 mins. I entered the main consulate area where all the counters are located. There were already 3 people standing in line at that counter. I think one is H4 and other two are F1s. All three are approved. Finally it was my turn.

Me: Good morning sir, how are you doing?

VO: I am good..give me a moment..

he checked something in the system for a minute.

when he was ready, I handed over my passport, DS 160 confirmation page, Interview appointment letter and I797

He again checked something for a minute and returned the I797 to me.

VO: so what will you be doing there?

Me:xxx

VO:who is your client?

me:xxxx

VO: which city in US?

me: xxxx

VO: are you married?

me: yes

VO: any kids?

me: 2 kids

VO: are they travelling with you?

me: one kid will be coming next month(for stamping) and the other kid is a US citizen.

VO: Please place your left 4 fingers on the finger print reader

me: did so..

VO: Your visa is approved, have a nice stay in the US.

me: Thank you sire, have a nice day.

No documents were asked.

Archived