OPT deny

Nvn

Is he/she will go out of status as soon as OPT denied? Or is he/she allowed to join in college to maintain his status?

I guess you got 60 days of grace period.

Joining in some school doesn't help you out in this case. F1 is not a bridge to fill the status gaps, it pushes you into deep trouble.

Hi,

I send the documents to USCIS immediately after opt printed from university. I have missed one form I-765) in the packet so USCIS sent back to me the packet with the information ( to include the form and send again). I send again including the mentioned form to USCIS but it crossed the 30day period after opt printed from university. after 6-7 months got reply that opt denied and got a notice from USCIS yesterday that OPT denied due to late submission (more than 30days) and option to file for motion.

Please kindly suggest if anybody faced this issue and how you proceeded. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ravi

• 2 months later...

if USCIS rejects OPT or OPT Extension. What would the status of that student?

Is he/she will go out of status as soon as OPT denied? Or is he/she allowed to join in college to maintain his status?

Out of status. You can not get admission in a college that quickly as fall session has already started. You have to leave country.

Archived