F2 to F1

cosf2tof1

Hi,

Now I am on F1 visa which is expires july 2nd also my wife f2 visa exp on july 2nd.   Presently I am on opt status(which is expires Nov 22nd 2013) but I got an admission for fall 2013.

My wife got admission for this fall 2013 and I have applied for my wife COS from f2 to f1 and also got her receipt which is in initial review.

My question is:

Once my sevis record transfere to new university  on july 6th (according to my previos univ) , once I registered the classes around August 1st week, How long my OPT valid?

How about my wife status , Is she can stay on F2(visa expires july 2nd, opt status expires nov 22nd but may be in august according to my status and also her COS still on process)?

Thanks.

Thank you for your response , In case my wife COS will approve on september , I think I need to defer her I 20 for spring semester, but spring sem starts on Jan. how about the status if her COS approved on september? there will be a gap for spring semester oct to Jan. So again , do I need to apply for her f2 status or She can stay on COS aproved status?

Archived