How to Update DS 160?

Deep704

Hi,

I have already scheduled a date for visa in Canada & also apply for a visa.

Now I have been told to apply for an ammendment as currently my client is diff than what it was previously when I applied for a H1B.

Que - Do I have to apply for an ammendment?

Que - I just got to know that if I have to apply then once I apply it will consider as kind of new H1B application - just in case if something goes wrong is there anything happen to you current H1B - Any issue?

Que - As  apply for any H1B again, they will give me a new receipt Number which also affect my H1B EAC receipt #. the question is I have already put the old receipt # while apply to get the visa dat & now as one of my friend tld me that it will be new EAC receipt #. So how can I change in to DS160? as There is no other option to update the form. Do I have to take the another Visa appointment date or I can just update my EAC # in the Visa appointment profile as they ask me to update.edit any wornd info?

Please advise

Thank oyu.

Que - Do I have to apply for an ammendment?

A) yes

Que - I just got to know that if I have to apply then once I apply it will consider as kind of new H1B application - just in case if something goes wrong is there anything happen to you current H1B - Any issue?

A)   Its just like a H1 Extension you can either get RFE, or very less dated end date or longer end date.

Que -So how can I change in to DS160? as There is no other option to update the form. Do I have to take the another Visa appointment date or I can just update my EAC # in the Visa appointment profile as they ask me to update.edit any wornd info?

A) you need to provide new EAC number in the DS 160. If you have already submitted it fill out new ds 160 and update it to consulate through email and provide the new DS 160 application number in the Visa appointment website for this no need to reschedule the appointment.

Hope it helps

Archived