Travel to Canada and Re enter US with out stamping

foramparikh

Hello everyone,

below is my situation, I came in US in nov 2010 from India on H4 and now I am having H1. I just have BECE(computer engineer) from India I never studied here and I never traveled outside US since I came here. My job is full time as Application Developer. 

1)I applied Canada's visitor visa(multiple entry) and luckily I got Canada's visitor visa and now I am planning to visit Canada in this September.Can you guide me I can travel to Canada for one week and re enter US without stamping on my passport? Is it risk? I have expired visa(H4) on my passport however I have valid and unexpired I 94 ( till April ,2014) I read online about Automatic Revalidationhttp://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1299.html# which says I can travel to Canada or mexico with out stamping on my passport? So, Is it safe to travel in Canada for around 10 days? because Just for 10 days I don't want to goto my home country which is India just for stamping.

2) I am planning for stamping in January 2014.Can I do stamping from Canada? I read it online that for first time stamping and if you do not have any masters degree than it is not safe from Canada.But can I do this? In January while I am in Canada if I go for interview for my stamping and if in worse case they deny or reject it I will travel to India and do my stamping? So, if they deny or reject my stamping than definitely I will not be able to re enter in US but I can then travel to India and again do my stamping? Can I reset Interview in India ?

Please guide,

Thanks
Foram

2)  on the lines of your education evaluation - going to INDIA for stamping might be a better option...as it is a first time H1 stamping..and since you changed your status from H4 to H1 but you can still go for stamping in Canada... worst case scenario you will not be allowed to re enter US....i am not sure about resetting the interview in India..

Archived