H1B-2013, lottery approved, status-RFE, Can H1 be transferred?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have come for a specific issue. I have two queries and I will mention them as A&B, hopefully someone at Law firm could help me with this.

Facts

a) I have been working for company A for past 12 months, they filed for my H1 this year. I have received notification that I have gotten the lottery approval for H1 this year, the status of application is under RFE, with additional documents/response sent

b) My OPT will be expiring in couple of months so my best bet is for my H1 to come clean

Questions

a) I have a company B ready to sponsor H1, could we transfer H1 when the status of H1 is RFE i.e. Request for Evidence?

b) Once H1 is approved let's say in another 1 month, could we transfer H1 to company B before H1 actual start in October 2013?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions for me.

Questions

a) I have a company B ready to sponsor H1, could we transfer H1 when the status of H1 is RFE i.e. Request for Evidence?

b) Once H1 is approved let's say in another 1 month, could we transfer H1 to company B before H1 actual start in October 2013?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions for me.

a. No. Because, this is your first H1 so in order to transfer H1, that H1 has to be approved earlier.

b. Yes.

• 1 month later...

Hey h1_query_desired,

That's Great News! Congrats! Why do you say, "it seems like" on your VISA Approval? Also, Could you tell me when was your 'RFE Response review' status updated on the USICS Website? In short, how long did it take for your VISA to get approved after the 'RFE Response Review'? Please let me know. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!

Archived