Got Stuck in Calagry, consulate closed because of floods

ulovekris

Hi All - This posting is for one of my friend. He has visa interview today at 10:00 AM in Calagry. But because of floods in downtown, US consulate was closed and note was left at the door asking everyone to reschedule. Does anybody know how rescheduling works in this case? Should he wait until the next available date ( I doubt if he has any for next two months)  or will they be given chance to attend the interview next working day ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi All - This posting is for one of my friend. He has visa interview today at 10:00 AM in Calagry. But because of floods in downtown, US consulate was closed and note was left at the door asking everyone to reschedule. Does anybody know how rescheduling works in this case? Should he wait until the next available date ( I doubt if he has any for next two months)  or will they be given chance to attend the interview next working day ?

Since he didn't attended the interview, I guess he can use AVR to enter into US without visa.

Hey, i have my visa interview scheduled on June 27, coming there on Monday night.

I have a team at Calgary who is working for my client. They said, everything should come to normal by Monday atleast.

When the US consulate says reschedule, again it has to be another appointment with new date.

I don't think the US Visa consulate would give a chance to the candidates who can't have their interviews (because of the floods) to the next alternate dates.

But i heard most of them saying almost all the dates got blocked for the month of June / July. I haven't checked it personally though.

Is it not possible for him to reschedule it to other Canada visa location(i know its not that simple)............may be Vancouver or Ottawa.??

Also, if you don't mind can you ask your friend to update, when the visa office is possible to open back(if he can, that would be a great help for others who were planning to come there.)

Hi ulovekris,

Iam also in the same situation so we got an email from calgary counslate to request an expedited request to Vancouver or nearby counslate .Please follow this link and try to send all the information to Vancouver consulate .atleast for now we have this one option the reason is in 48 hours we may get possible replies.

https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/us_expedited_appointments

some times the Immediate next day slots will be open. But still can try for a week and plan accordingly 

Hello Guys,

I am the person who impacted on Jun 21st Due to floods in Calgary.. If you are facing same kind of situation please sned an email to USVISA they will  provide the next available date in near by US consulate..

For my case they provide the Date on 24th June in Vancouver..

All the best Guys.....

Thanks,

Naresh V

Archived