Double masters - MBA to MS

newmasters

Hi,

I recently completed my MBA and I did my internship last year on CPT. My OPT is active till June 2014. However, I realized that MBA was not my best area.. but I still went ahead and completed it. Now I am planning to do MS in a technical field for fall 2014 (I had 6 years of work experience before MBA). My question is:

1. Will I have any issues getting an F1 again?

2. Since my husband is also in US, will getting a second masters post any problems (intent to stay in the country)

Please advise. Thanks

Hi,

I recently completed my MBA and I did my internship last year on CPT. My OPT is active till June 2014. However, I realized that MBA was not my best area.. but I still went ahead and completed it. Now I am planning to do MS in a technical field for fall 2014 (I had 6 years of work experience before MBA). My question is:

1. Will I have any issues getting an F1 again?

2. Since my husband is also in US, will getting a second masters post any problems (intent to stay in the country)

Please advise. Thanks

what's your current status??

If you are on F1, all you need is extension and I20 from a school.

Thanks for the response.

Can you please explain why I would I not get another OPT after I graduate from my masters in 2016?

If you have used OPT for one academic level, like the Masters level, you can only get OPT for a higher academic level, which in your case would mean if you do a PhD.

That's in the law.

Archived