Education RFE

I have a bachelor's and master's in computer applications from India. 4 years experience in IT as a programmer/engineer. I completed my MBA from a university in US. My employer applied for an H1B with job role as "Computer Systems Analyst" under master's quota which received an RFE:

1) "USCIS has challenged Master of Business Administration degree from a US University qualifies for a position as a Computer Systems Analyst"

2) Credential evaluation  of Indian Degrees

3) Client Confirmation Letter

I work as CSA for my employer and my role with the client is project coordinator. My daily work involves managing the team, coordinating with multiple technical stakeholders, updating management, risk planning and management etc. for which both my technical know how and business knowledge is helpful. 

I would like to know how bad my situation is? How to respond to this RFE?

Anyone in a similar dilemma?

Thanks Rahul for the update. However, I think this is the problem with big consulting firms. I cannot talk to my Attorney as there is a bureaucratic management layer. My manager/attorney has asked me to respond to the question. My client is willing to provide a End Client Letter, however, I am not sure how to proceed about the situation.

Should I be more technical/business oriented or a combo of both? How would my MBA be justified with Computer Systems Analyst position? 

Questions like these are bugging me.

Should I be more technical/business oriented or a combo of both? How would my MBA be justified with Computer Systems Analyst position? 

Questions like these are bugging me.

That's why your employer has hired attorney. You don't worry about that, just reply to that email and explain them in detail about your education. Then they will figure out what to do.

Archived