EB2 or EB3

Hello,
My H1B (total 6 years term) is expiring in 11/26/2013 with a possible extension of 1 month as I was out of country for 1 month. My company is planning to file Green Card under EB2 (as I hold a masters degree) or EB3. My questions are:
1: Does 6 months time is sufficient for getting PERM and I-140 approved ?
2: If I go back to India in Nov and then my PERM and I-140 is approved in Feb 2014, then can I extend and come back on same H1B ?
3: Which is safer and faster option ? EB2 or EB3. I am talking in terms of Audit on PERM processing ?

Thanks for your reply.

Hello,

My H1B (total 6 years term) is expiring in 11/26/2013 with a possible extension of 1 month as I was out of country for 1 month. My company is planning to file Green Card under EB2 (as I hold a masters degree) or EB3. My questions are:

1: Does 6 months time is sufficient for getting PERM and I-140 approved ?

2: If I go back to India in Nov and then my PERM and I-140 is approved in Feb 2014, then can I extend and come back on same H1B ?

3: Which is safer and faster option ? EB2 or EB3. I am talking in terms of Audit on PERM processing ?

Thanks for your reply.

1) You never know. Could take atleast 6 months to a year...or more! But if your Labor gets cleared within 6 months..apply I-140 in Premium Processing.

2) If your Labor and I-140 gets approved while you are in India..your employer can file for H1B Extension and you can come back.

3) Depends...cannot judge on a forum.

Archived