Recapturing old h1b time.

sn786921

I am currently on L1  and it is going to expire soon. I had H1B from 2002 to 2007 and I have used only 14 months of H1B visa during that period. I was in US from 2002 to 2003 for 3 months and 2004 to 2005 for 11 months. Also during my second visit I got extended my visa till 2007.  

I have following questions. Please help me to find the answer.

1) Is it possible to recapture unused time of my old expired H1B?

2) Can this be recaptured by a new employer(old H1B petition was filed by different employer)?.

3) When can I apply for recapture?. Current H1B visa cap already closed. Should I need to wait till Next april? Can this be done anytime?(Note: My current L1 expires by Feb 2014)

4) Considering I am on L1  and stayed in  US for past 2 years. How much time will I be able to get back?

a) 6 years -14 months(h1b used time) = 4 year 10 months

( or )

b) 6 years -14 months(H1b used time) - 2 years( L1 visa Stay) = 2 year 10 months

5)  what are the documents required to apply for recapturing old H1B unused time?

Note: I have my old approved petition copies,my passport with travel immigration stamps detail but I don't have old air ticket or boarding passes. Is it mandatory to submit air ticket or Boarding pass ?

Archived