Pink Receipt 221G for H4 Visa

coolmjshah

Hi,

Recently my wife appeared for H4 Visa at New Delhi Consulate. I work at well known US Based company as Software Engineer and I also have my H1B Stamping done last year. When my wife appeared for H4 visa, she was given Pink Slip with documents to be sent at Embassy. I was wondering if anybody is still in the same boat and can share their experiences. It would be a great help to us.

My wife is in INDIA and went for F1 at Bombay and get rejected with 214(b),

Now we are planning to get H4 for her as I am on H1B for last 3 year,

I have all the 100% documents from my H1,

Do you think NDelhi will be an issue? I am seeing many H4 issues with ND?

Please share if you have any info of current H4 issues at ND then will go to Kolkata?

• 3 weeks later...

My wife had gone to Hyd consulate and she was told her visa is approved. The total time she spent in the interviewing is between 1.5 to 2.0 minutes. The only document that was asked was the wedding picture. other docs as per the checklist were submitted 5 business days prior to interview. Received passport at home within 3 business day after interview.

I wish good luck to all the wives trying to get H4. and husbands have little more patience and trust in god.

murryy79

My wife appear for visa interview on H4 at ND consulate on 06/27, Visa is approved,

She is currently studying MS and completed first semester went to India in summer vacation, We have converted COS from H4 to F1 in 2010,

1) F1 rejected with 214(B) 6/1 - Bombay

2) H4 Approved -6/27 - New Delhi

H4:

VO: How long have been married.

Ans: 4 Years

VO: What is your education ( saw the F2 Stamp on passport)

Ans: Where in US or in India

VO: Wherever

Ans: I completed my ** degree in Engineering at India and Completed 1st semester in MS ** at ** university in USA

VO: Saw DS160 (verify something in computer, I believe that is my H1B)

VO: your visa is approved

Ans: When can I expect my passport

VO: You will receive your passport in 3-4 days.

Ans: Thank you Sir Have a good day

No Document asked.

--------------------

Few info,

I do not have H1 visa stamp.

Please review document checklist that you received with your visa date confirmation letter.

Archived