H1B stamping successful in Toronto

sri233

Hi,

I had my interview today at Toronto and it was a relief after I heard "your visa is approved"! Following are the questions asked:

VO: There were three VOs interview, I think two of them were asians (China/Japan) and one was white. I went to the white VO. He was friendly.

Q.) What is your visa status in Canada?

A.) Visitor.

Q.) Who are you wokring for?

A.) Gave my employer's name.

Q.) Who is your end client and what do you do for them?

A.) Mentioned my client's name and work as S/w Quality Assurance Analyst.

Q.) What is your highest degree of education?

A.) MS

Q.) Where did you do your Masters?

A.) Dallas Texas and the university's name.

Q.) What was your specialization?

A.) Electrical Engineering with Singal Processing. He asked details of Signal processing.

Q.) Can I see your CV/Resume?

A.) Gave my resume.

I think he was trying to understand connection between my master's specialization and work I do. He went over my projects and discussed about it with the other VO. I was a bit scared if he wouldn't be convinced enough. He continued asking questions.

Q.) How much do you get paid?

A.) Mentioned my yearly pay.

Q.) Asked my W2 form

A.) Handed over all the W2 forms.

And then came the words with a smile ... your visa has been approved. You can pick it up from the choosen Loomis branch!

So waiting for my passport so that I can fly back ASAP :)

Thanks,

Vidya.

Hi,

I had my interview today at Toronto and it was a relief after I heard "your visa is approved"! Following are the questions asked:

VO: There were three VOs interview, I think two of them were asians (China/Japan) and one was white. I went to the white VO. He was friendly.

Q.) What is your visa status in Canada?

A.) Visitor.

Q.) Who are you wokring for?

A.) Gave my employer's name.

Q.) Who is your end client and what do you do for them?

A.) Mentioned my client's name and work as S/w Quality Assurance Analyst.

Q.) What is your highest degree of education?

A.) MS

Q.) Where did you do your Masters?

A.) Dallas Texas and the university's name.

Q.) What was your specialization?

A.) Electrical Engineering with Singal Processing. He asked details of Signal processing.

Q.) Can I see your CV/Resume?

A.) Gave my resume.

I think he was trying to understand connection between my master's specialization and work I do. He went over my projects and discussed about it with the other VO. I was a bit scared if he wouldn't be convinced enough. He continued asking questions.

Q.) How much do you get paid?

A.) Mentioned my yearly pay.

Q.) Asked my W2 form

A.) Handed over all the W2 forms.

And then came the words with a smile ... your visa has been approved. You can pick it up from the choosen Loomis branch!

So waiting for my passport so that I can fly back ASAP :)

Thanks,

Vidya.

Hi Vidya,

Congrats !!!! Can you please share if you have seen some one rejected or refused in toronto and also share the possible information on closest accomadation near Toronto Consulate.

Thanks,

NEw2you

Hi,

Another person from my Client company went to Toronto for stamping couple of months back and was successful. On the same day of my interview I saw another desi get her visa approved. However I don't want to make a general statement about the success rate.

As of nearby by hotels I used travelocity/priceline/hotwire to browse nearby hotels. I have heard people say public transport is good here, so before booking a hotel you also want to consider if there is bus/metro station close by.

I am waiting for my passport can anyone commeng on how long it may take? And also I drove to Toronto and as such at the entry they did not take my I-94. To whom should I hand it back and how?

Thanks,

Srividya.

Hi VIdya ,

Thanks for the information . When you drove to canada .didnt the port authority people take ur I-94 ...usually we need to give them when we leave the country ..did you  by any chance ask them about it ..?

Please let us know your update on the return and the I-94 as even i am planning to drive to canada for stamping in Toronto .

Hi VIdya ,

Thanks for the information . When you drove to canada .didnt the port authority people take ur I-94 ...usually we need to give them when we leave the country ..did you  by any chance ask them about it ..?

Please let us know your update on the return and the I-94 as even i am planning to drive to canada for stamping in Toronto .

Hi,

No they didn't explicity ask for the I-94. I should have reminded them. May be when you drive you should ask them to take it. I have to check what are my available options to return the I-94.

Hi,

No they didn't explicity ask for the I-94. I should have reminded them. May be when you drive you should ask them to take it. I have to check what are my available options to return the I-94.

Hi it happened for me too they did not take my I-94 in airport from US to Canada. How ever while returning back I have given it to the Officer who has done my Immigration check at US Customs and border Protection in Canada Airport.

Hi Vidya ,

Did u get your passport from the loomis branch ..? How many days its taking in the  toornto branch to get the passport .any update on your I-94 .......Kindly update here .Thanks for sharing the info

Hi,

I got my passport on thrid business day i.e, had my interview on Wednesday and my passport was ready for pick up on following Monday. On getting my passport I noticed that my I-94 was taken.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Archived