Canada Visitors visa -- New York Consulate -- Applied on April 25th

Hello,

My Canada visitors visa application package reached newyork consulate on April 25th,2013. I have also included USPS return package, but till date I haven't got my passport back.

I have emailed Newyork consulate for the status of my application couple of weeks back. Below is the response from them.

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

We have finalized your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa.

Please note there may be a two week delay before your documents are returned to you by mail. We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number: XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Again today I emailed them back for the status and I got the same email as response. I realized that they are sending the same response for everyone. Does any of you in the same boat? If so please update your status. Let use this thread to find status of each and find an estimated date.

Hello! What is the email address to contact the canada consulate in NewYork? It has been 5 weeks since I have mailed my documents but have not heard back anything as of yet too.

NY embassy email: re-CNGNY.IM-TRV-VRT@international.gc.ca Most probably they will reply back with case number I guess. Please update keep 

updating the thread with latest status. Thanks

I sent my documents on Apr 9th. Still waiting for my passport. My friend got his passport after 2 months. I want to check the application status. Can you give me NY embassy contact. I dont have a file number. Does the embassy get our info based on passport no?2 m

2 months is very long time Prasad..I don't know whats going on with them..All my friends got their passports back with in 2 weeks..at max 1 month..Email them asking for status..please include your full name, DOB, Passport # and USPS tracking number(with shipping date)..They will provide you case number and it's status.Dont' forget to update the thread..thanks 

Hi,

Its the same case with me  AND same response :Reached network consulate on April 25th,2013.

Typically it takes :A minimum of 30 days*(Not sure this is working days or regular ) as per http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

For my case April 25th,2013 to till date ..(around 32 working days or 50 regular days )..with ( minimum of 30 days* +two weeks delay )it should at least reach to us by End of week .

lets keep updates as it comes 

Thanks.

2 months is very long time Prasad..I don't know whats going on with them..All my friends got their passports back with in 2 weeks..at max 1 month..Email them asking for status..please include your full name, DOB, Passport # and USPS tracking number(with shipping date)..They will provide you case number and it's status.Dont' forget to update the thread..thanks 

I am panicked now. I keep checking my mail everyday. Anyway sent an email. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

Hi

I sent my documents to NY consulate, applied by mail, consulate received my application on 23rd April.

I sent several emails for application status but never got any reply from but finally I got my passport with visa Stamped today 11th June. 

Thanks

Raju

Hi

I sent my documents to NY consulate, applied by mail, consulate received my application on 23rd April.

I sent several emails for application status but never got any reply from but finally I got my passport with visa Stamped today 11th June. 

Thanks

Raju

Nice...Good to hear that Raju...Congratulations..

I have received a reply after two days but from this forum, it looks like thats a default reply from them.

"We have finalized your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa.  

Please note there may be a two week delay before your documents are returned to you by mail. We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information. "

Quick Update: I got a response from the Canadian embassy saying my documents were mailed yesterday.But I still can't track the return package.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your documents were returned to you via SASE Express Mail Tarcking # EIXXXXXXXXXUS - today.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY

I have received a reply after two days but from this forum, it looks like thats a default reply from them.

"We have finalized your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa.  

Please note there may be a two week delay before your documents are returned to you by mail. We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information. "

Yeah that's the same reply I got couple of weeks back, but no progress yet.

Quick Update: I got a response from the Canadian embassy saying my documents were mailed yesterday.But I still can't track the return package.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your documents were returned to you via SASE Express Mail Tarcking # EIXXXXXXXXXUS - today.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY

Oh nice...I think by tomorrow you must be able to track it...btw did you send them return package as well??

I sent the docs on April 25th...so from your case, it seems I may have to wait another couple of weeks...:(

Oh nice...I think by tomorrow you must be able to track it...btw did you send them return package as well??

I sent the docs on April 25th...so from your case, it seems I may have to wait another couple of weeks...:(

I got my passport last Friday. I did send the usps return envelope. My tracking number was activated after 2 days I received the email.

Hi,

Its the same case with me  AND same response :Reached network consulate on April 25th,2013.

Typically it takes :A minimum of 30 days*(Not sure this is working days or regular ) as per http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.aspx

For my case April 25th,2013 to till date ..(around 32 working days or 50 regular days )..with ( minimum of 30 days* +two weeks delay )it should at least reach to us by End of week .

lets keep updates as it comes 

Thanks.

Hi,

I got my passport last Thursday (as Expected ).. two week delay

Good luck

Archived