False dowry charges

virtualgod

Many have gone through this horror. If a Indian citizen on H1b is facing false 498a criminal charges, can the court order be sent via US or Indian embassies to deport the Indian citizen? Can USCIS revoke the visa or deny renewal? There is a post on Murthy firm and all over internet that says US Dept of State issued a warning that women in India are abusing this law. However, I could not find the official posting from the US govt anywhere. Anyone has seen the official post? Here is what Murthy page says:

http://www.murthy.com/2010/04/16/murthy-success-story-section-498a-dowry-law-problem-in-h1b-case/

On this page it says US govt is fully aware of this. But I hve not seen any such posting by the US govt

quick search indicates it was published in Jan 2005..not on the travel.dos.state page any more..

may be the attorneys have a copy of it or may be you can contact DOS to get a copy from archives..

this law was brought in after women of india endured so much abuse due to dowry practice..many, by the way still suffer from the practice..

mockery of this law should be dealt with seriously as the real victims face delays or questioned about the legitimacy of their real claim..

one of my friend's wife gave all of our telephone numbers (from his cell phone contact list...) in her complaint..the last time I met them was at their wedding reception..next thing our phones ringing in the middle of the night from a corrupt indian police to "settle" the issue..ofcourse we all were well connected..LOL..gave him the cell phone number of an IPS officer who is family friend..never got bothered again..

Archived