Firstname/lastname issues

meninmech1

Hi Everyone ,

I am not sure if have posted under the appropriate section. Also forgive me if the below issues sound crazy.

My full name is mohan kumar .

In my indian passport , the given name field is filled as "Mohan Kumar" and the surname field is left unfilled.

But i got my H1 visa with first name as "FNU" and last name as "Mohan Kumar".

( FNU stands for First Name Unknown )

I got through the port of entry and later while updating the I-94 , i gave my name as per my passport. so its reads as firstname "Mohan Kumar" and lastname as empty

while applying the SSN , the officier asked a lot of questions and finally send the SSN card with firstname as "Mohan Kumar" and lastname as "FNU"

Summary :

Indian passport : Firstname - Mohan kumar / lastname - <<unfilled>>

US visa in passport : Firstname - FNU / lastname - Mohan kumar

I-94 : Firstname - Mohan / lastname - kumar

SSN : Firstname - Mohan kumar / lastname - FNU

Now , while applying for drivers licence , the DMV officials asked me to correct all the records and come back as its pretty confusing across all these documents.

Currently am working in california and am not sure whom to contact and approach regarding this.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue as to removing the "FNU" from my name and correcting all the details as per my passport ?

Thanks a lot in advance..

Thx

Mohan

Hi ,

Thank you so much.

I checked the san francisco - indian embassy website for booking appointment but they redirected all passport related quiers to www.************.com.

Upon landing in that website and tried to book a slot but seems their webpage has some issues as i cant select the date.

I tired calling all their phone numbers but no one is answering it.

Could you please suggest a way to proceed further ?

Thanks

Umesh

• 3 weeks later...

Archived