Successful H1B Visa Stamping after 221g @ Vancouver

adiraj

I had my visa stamping on 28th May, 2013(Tuesday). I was set with all the required documents and was pretty confident as mine was a clear case (At least that's what I thought). After all the security check and finger printing, I reached 20th floor, where the actual interview was going on. I went to counter# 4 (Lady VO), her questions were pretty simple and direct. (About, my masters, employer, client etc.) Then she asked for W2, pay-stubs and client letter. She kept the client letter and passport with her and gave me 221g-No Document Required(White) form .

The next day (Wednesday) DOS contacted my client via call, but unfortunately couldn't reach. Then again on Thursday my client was contacted via e-mail, and the client responded on the same day. And finally on Friday, 31st May, 2013, my status got changed to 'ISSUED' and I got my passport on Monday !! :)

From my experience I can only say, don't worry guys, most of the 221g cases @ Vancouver get resolved within 5-10 business days, so all you need to have is little patience and hope and things will be fine, trust me. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived