Admission to second master's program, F1 visa ending in July 2014, will I need a new F1 visa if I go to India for a visit?

Las2013

I have completed master's degree from an accredited university and was working on OPT for a year (Not a STEM degree). OPT expired in Feb 2013, but since employer was ready to file for H1B visa, I took an admission for another course in another state university. I got CPT in the first semester as I had basic skills to continue with my job from first masters and also completed a couple of courses. Unfortunately my application was not selected in the lottery this time. My CPT is going to end in Aug 2013 and I do not wish to continue with that course.

I am looking to get admitted to another master's program in another accredited university which I intend to complete (continue to be on F1). Its a 1.5-2 yr program. My F1 visa from first master's is valid till July 2014. If I plan to visit India in Dec 2013, will I need a new F1 visa (go through the entire F1 visa procedure again) or I can come back on the same visa that I already have?

You already abused CPT. CPT is NOT and has NEVER been for work in some arbitrary job. CPT is ONLY for work as integral part of the curriculum.

Graduate schools have deadlines, with are already over for Fall quarter.

This is not an arbitary job, rather I work with a government agency, working on a federally funded project. This work was directly related to the master's degree curriculum, that is why I recieved CPT to work full time. But since it is a reputed state university, I also had to take two courses.

The deadlines are not over yet for many professional level courses. So if I get admitted, do I need to get a new F1 visa while on a trip to India in December 2013?

This is not an arbitary job, rather I work with a government agency, working on a federally funded project. This work was directly related to the master's degree curriculum, that is why I recieved CPT to work full time

That still is abuse of CPT.

For CPT, the work has to be a required part of the curriculum, not just "related."

For related work, you would have to get pre-completion OPT.

You have abused CPT. That will of course make things much much harder for you in the future.

I really wish they would require students complete the degree program before they could obtain another visa status. The abuse of the F-1 visa is getting absurd. It denies legitimate students opportunities.

True..but the Q is who would inform DHS/USCIS or whoever is responsible for Visa abuse.

Archived