H1B transfer during OPT

Abbygs

Hi All,

My situation:

1. I am on 17 months stem extension and it expires on jan 2014. Company A filed my h1b and i recieved final approval notice but my project ended after recieving the final approval and company A is unable to place me and currently i am seperated from my company and looking for another job.

2. Company B is willing to give me an offer but they are doubtful about my situation for H1B transfer. Their thoughts,

a. I cannot work with them until October 1st

b. I need to produce minimum 3 paystubs from Company A for H1B transfer documention ((I am not getting paid from Company A from May 15th, so i dont have paystubs))

3. My questions,

a. Is H1B transfer possible before Oct-2013 ?

b. Do i need to provide payslips for H1 B transfer ?

c. Can i produce a letter from company A to Company B saying, that i was volunteering ? because of which i dont have a payslip ?

d. Can i start working with Company B , get paid and produce company B payslips and get my H1B transfer done with no issues ?

e. Will this method help me in getting my stamping done in India with no issues ?

Kindly suggest and help me with this situation.

Thanks,

Abby

Hi, Please consult a attroney for professional advise.

As far as I know, there is nothing called H1-b transfer. When company B is a sponsor, they will basically submit a new H1-b petition and it will probably take the same amont of time to get approved. So as this will be a new petition you should not need paystub from company A. If you never worked for company A, I am not sure if they will be able to write anything.

Archived