H1B stamped; but got another offer

Hi,

I am in India and my h1b is stamped recently with company A ( a consultancy)and now company B(an American based fortune 500 product firm) issued an offer. My current H1B is valid only till Jan 2014, hence a new H1b petition will have to be filed, either after I move to the US or before that while I still stay in India.

1) Which one is suggestible in the above two options?

2) Let us say, a premium processing is initiated, what are the timelines and best case possibilities in order to get an approval? And, in such case will I again have to go to visa stamping in India?

3) with the new petition, are there chances to get a 3 year approval notice?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

1) Which one is suggestible in the above two options?

2) Let us say, a premium processing is initiated, what are the timelines and best case possibilities in order to get an approval? And, in such case will I again have to go to visa stamping in India?

3) with the new petition, are there chances to get a 3 year approval notice?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

1. You need to have valid 797 to enter into US. In your case that will Comp 'B' s 797

2.PP 15 to 20 days. You don't need a new visa stamp if the old one is still valid.

3.It depends on the documentation

Thanks for the reply Rahul

My Old H1B is valid till Jan 2014. When I get the new I 797, do I need to get the visa stamped again around Jan?

If so, Once premium processed, getting the visa stamped here and moving to US is better? pls advise.

At the time of POE, if your old H1 VISA is still valid then you don't need a new visa stamp.

My Old H1B is valid till Jan 2014. When I get the new I 797, do I need to get the visa stamped again around Jan?

If so, Once premium processed, getting the visa stamped here and moving to US is better? pls advise.

if you travel out of US (vacation or any other reason) after Jan 2014, then you will have to get stamping done before you come back .

Archived