Common Muslim Name Admin Processing

e3_ap

I am an Indian origin Australian Citizen.

I first traveled to US in 2001 on JI for six months.

I then traveled on B1/B2 in 2003 and converted to H1B and got visa stamped in 2005 in Ottawa which was valid until 2008. Later in year 2005 I resigned and decided to move to Australia.

Now I am currently working in Calgary, and recently got a very good job offer in US. I applied for E3 Visa along with my family. The consulate approved my families visa but gave me the white admin processing page (no document requested). When I asked the VO how long it will take he said it wont take months it will only take few weeks.

I have a common Muslim first and middle name but not the last name, so I assume they are doing some background check on me.

From 2008 to 2013 I have traveled to US 4 times on Visa Waiver Program (EASTA). I have traveled to US as early as in March 2013 and in Dec 2012 without any problem. I have also traveled extensively all around the world (15 countries), including one Islamic country (Bangladesh) in the last 5 years. I have never had any issue getting visa/ entering USA. In US and other countries I visited, I have got few speeding and parking tickets which I have always paid in a timely manner. I would like to find out if they are going to get clearance from all the countries that I have visited ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Archived