Need guidance for start of GC

ajoyis4u

Hi,

My current background.

I am on H1-B, sponsored by company A. Company A doesnt have a GC policy so will not file my GC.

Queries:

If i continue working with company A however company B sponsors my GC as a future employer, are there are problems?

If my project is over and company A asks me to go back to India, what will happen to my GC application with company B? What are the problems there, if any?

Can I shift to company C from company A but keep my GC with company B? What will happen to my GC in this case?

Please advice.

Thanks..

Thanks.

I am not sure what it means by 'CP'. Request you to elaborate.

So even if I switch to company C (from company A and after company B files my GC), I will not be required to file my GC again?

So, does it mean that my GC application with company B will be independent of the company I am employed with and so I can work with any company and that will not affect my GC application?

Thanks

CP is Consular processing. Meaning instead of filing I-485 you'll be doing a CP in your home country..you'll get a Immigrant Visa stamped on your passport at the US Consulate.

Switching companies would retain your Priority Date, but your company has to file GC from scratch every time you jump from one comp to another.

Once you get the GC from the company which sponsored, You should be working for them atleast for sometime.

Archived