H1 Visa Stamp Vancouver Questions

Hi

Anyone who atteneded H1B visa interview at Vancouver can answer my questions.

I came on F1 and then converted to H1. Got my 1st H1 for only 1 year and then stamping in home contry in 2010 (India). Came back to US and got extension and that H1 (current) will expire on June 21st, 2013 (I don't have stamping for this). Last week I got H1B extension till 2016. I am planning to go to Vancouver for my stamping.

No employer chage after getting H1 and working on EVC model (Employer - Vendor - Client). Client will not provide letter but vendor will. I provided the same for H1 Ext.

Is everything fine with my case?

1. How many days in advance do the dates open for booking? As of now, I am planning for mid-July, not sure if they are open yet or already closed.
  2. Once I book the date at Vancouver, can the date be changed or canceled with no fees?
  3. Can I book the date without applying for Canada tourist visa? As dates get filled up soon, I want to book a date first. I hope Canada visa gets done in 2 weeks.
  4. Can you let me know something about PIMS (not sure what this is)?
  5. About the process, this is what I know - get canada tourist visa (single or multi visit), book a date, attend interview on that date. Is this correct or is there any dropping of documents in advance etc etc?

Please clarify me on these.

Thank you so much...

1. Right now it shows september available dates

2. Yes you can reschedule it to earlier or later dates any no of times with no fee.

3. Yes

4. That is nothing to do by Employee

5. No Dropping (however to get canada visitor Visa you need to mail the required documents with passport)

hope this helps

1. No dates available in month of July right now available dates are OCt 6th to Nov 10th.

2. You can change or cancel your appointment without any charges.

3. You can book a slot without canda visa, but at this point its taking min 40 to 50 days to get the Canada Visa stamped and receive your passport back.

4. PIMS : Note: Make sure that you Verify PIMS by sending an email to vancouverNIV@state.gov.

PIMS (verifying the details of approved petitions through the Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) via the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD)

Send this 1 week prior to your appointment to avoid 2-3 days of delay after your visa interview.

You will not get any response from the consulate but it works.

TO: PIMS@state.gov,

vancouverNIV@state.gov

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am XXX bearing Indian passport: XXX, I have an appointment for visa stamping on XXX, I would like to verify my information in PIMS database.

Please find the attached petition (I-797) and appointment confirmation for more details.

Details:

Appointment confirmation:

Receipt Number:

Petitioner:

Beneficiary:

Passport Number:

DOB:

Classification:

Starting Validity Date:

Ending Validity Date:

Thank you!

XXX

5: You are right, thats it.

Thanks much for your replies. I have everything clarified now. I will talk to my employer about PIMS.

Only thing thats surprising is that its taking 40 to 50 days to get Canada visa stamped??!!! Website site says 9 days or so I believe.

First time when I went to Canada I applied in Detroit Canada consulate in person and the gave back passport same day.

Now, that consulate is not there. Where can I go? Los Angeles or New York?

Thanks..

Hey,

Don't expect your passport within 2 weeks after you apply for a visitor Visa. It might go upto 2 months or more. It's always a better option to apply in person.

Good luck!

Naresh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived