one of my previous approved h1b (I-129) status showing as "Initial Review"

tak81

One of my previous H1b which was approved in 2006 and now when i check the status in USCIS.GOV site it's showing like this:-

nitial Review

The I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Any idea on this?

• 4 weeks later...

Good job immigration parker.... did you just copy my past comment and pasted here :) , here it's a different question it's not in decision status... i think if you change employer and if previous employer cancels your approved petition it changes to initial status because i changed that employer and moved to new employer...

• 1 month later...

@tak81: Did you see that status on USCIS website or in an email(if u have signed up for case status website)? I had the same status as yours(Initial Review) in the email sent out to me when my previous employer withdrew my petition after I transferred my H1B to another employer. But, when I logged into USCIS website and checked for the status, it showed as Post Decison Activity with Below explanation:

Post Decision Activity

On XXX, the previous decision made on your case was revoked and we mailed you a notice explaining the decision. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Also, my immigration lawyer told me that the status shown on USCIS website is sometimes older and does not show current activity, you may want to check with your lawyer once.

Hope this helps.

Archived