221g - "pending admin processing" TO "refused" TO "approved"??

Foreigner2012

Hi Folks,

I have been waiting for 9+ months for administrative processing since my interview in August 2012. Today the status changed for the first time to "Refused" on the CEAC status check site. I called DOS and they said it must be a system error and said that at their end it still shows as administrative processing.

What I need to know from any of you here is if this is common? I mean do you know cases where the case changed from "Admin processing" to "Refused" and then back to either "admin processing" or "approved".

I am freaking out about this as like anyone else I did not expect this. I work for a huge corporation and this isnt my first H1B stamping. No issues the last time I got this done in canada a few years back. Also I am a full time employee. Only possible reason for my 221g was background/name security check cuz of my common muslim name. I know folks for whom it took much longer too but eventually they got the visa. My company's law firm is also very huge and highly credible. Went through official and genuine processing throughout my employment sponsorship, I797's etc...

Any info would be helpful...

• 1 month later...

Hello Foreigner2012,

The same thing has happened to me...I had interview on May 22 and then they called for a re-interview on June 26..and on July 10 the status changed from admin processing to refused but on July 15 it reverted back to admin processing and it shows admin processing now since 3 days...I am not sure what is going on...Can u let me know what happened with your case and did u get approval or not...Hopefully u got it...Waiting for ur reply...

• 3 years later...

Greetings Foreigner2012 and deep problem or whoever can help here. I have a similar case with you and since your case happened in 2013, I guessed it must have been resolved now. If it has, please get back with me with the outcome. I am vibrating as I write this. My interview was done in Lagos, Nigeria on the 9th of December, 2016 and the Embassy has requested some documents from me twice. Yesterday, I checked the CEAC status and my case moved from Administrative processing to Refused. What is going on? Though they have not collected my medical and passport. Thanks for responding ASAP.

Archived