H4 pending, husband switching jobs

Flower25

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me out here.

I filed an H4 together with my husband on Aug.3. Both of our petitions are still pending, but we have receipts. Both of us are in US.

He got offered another job and filed another H1 petition on Sep.16, no receipt yet.

Do I file another H4 when he gets a new receipt because he will be terminated from his old job soon and therefore his old H1B will be rejected. Mine will be rejected as well and I do not want to fall out of status.

Anyways, the main question here is: Can I file two concurrent H4's?

What are my other options in this case? Im am very confused.

Please, help me, it is a very urgent issue.

Please guys, somebody has to know what to do...I only have a week to make a decision...

Just in case nobody knows, maybe you know, while my petition is pending, am I ok being in US? What if it gets rejected, will I have to leave the country? Thats why I need to know, maybe I can apply for the second H4, the new one.

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

It is a very urgent issue.

It is advisable to contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney directly to answer your questions. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived