Visa stamping experience in Ottawa, Canada

cosmopolitan123

I have very well benefited with the posts in here.

Let me share my experience with you about my visa stamping in Ottawa on May 15th.

I am on 3rd H1 and havent been for stamping in 6 years.

EVVC model.

Non US degree.

The Visa officer asked me if I am here for H1 extension for which I said Yes.

I was asked for Client letter and all the vendor letters, which I handed over.

Then the visa office says that my client letter is not original and says anyone could type and sign a doc like this.

I said I have other supporting documents which will prove my case and also mentioned about the Manager's business card which was stapled to my client letter.

He immediately said, "that is the reason I am approving your visa".

Next he asked me my roles and responsibilities, which I answered.

Immediately he stops and asks me, "what is the difference between 'like' and '=' in SQL". That was unexpected.

Then he showed me how to look up my passport and wished me good luck.

The interesting fact I also want to share is that my status was showing as administrative processing even on the 3rd and 4th day.

I went to the Embassy on the 5th day and was asked to wait, then I went on the 7th business day again, after which my visa was showing as Issued.

So I would say if you do not hear from them, try and reach out to the Embassy or the consulate where your case got processed, because sometimes there might be some technical delays.

Good luck guys, if your case is genuine I dont think you should have a problem and just be confident.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am taking up a new contract on EVVC model. The client is willing to give me client letter.

Can you let let me know if there are any difficulties for you h1 approval when applied. I am planning to apply for h1 extension. 

Thanks in advance.

It's always better to have a client letter. Avoid the interview if you can.

Archived