Change of jobs to a senior management role

Hello all,

I grew in my current company from an individual contributor to a director level role. When my company filed my GC (with a PD of 2008 in EB2), they had used the description as below:

Responsible for Architecture, design, and development of applications using ....(a list of technologies)

Although I was submitted as an individual contributor, I was responsible to lead team sizes of 10+ at this company.

I have an offer for a senior management role but this is a managerial role. I know that the description and job title are not compatible.

In case I get a RFE on AC 21, and I get an employment letter from my future employer with similar job description, is that an acceptable risk? I will have to set up that expectation initially.

I am not sure if the PD will become current anytime soon and this can be a good career move.

Please advise.

Hopelessly Hopeful.

Get your career move. Trust me, in the long run, it is more important. Then, take your new job description to a lawyer to see if your petition is eligible for AC21. Discuss the possibility of filing a new I-140 - if your employer is up to it, it would be a fairly easy way out.

Archived