L1B --> status change to F1 --> OPT --> H1B

elango1234

Dear team,

My last entry to US is through L1B extension ( had stamping in passport ). Got approved I797 from USCIS for status change from L1B to F1 ( But not stamped in pass port as F1 student because Its a status change and I am already in US) with end date as D/S.

I have completed my masters and I am doing contract job through F1 OPT EAD and it will expire in May 1st 2014

Consulting organization won't file for April 2014 filing. I have to find full time and sponsor ready company prior to April 2014 ( Since my OPT Ends around then)

Having said about my situation, I have below questions. suppose if I have to go for siblings marriage in India.

Am I eligible to seek stamping in passport ( via US Consulate)during my possible visit to India while I am in Student EAD status

If I seek stamping in my passport ( via US Consulate during my future india visit ) , what kind of status would that be offered ? F1 or F1 EAD ? What would be end date in passport stamping ?

What is the probability if me getting stamped for any of the above mentioned visa ?

Please ask any questions if above statement and query has confusion around it ?

Individuals currently completing OPT are permitted to travel abroad and return to resume OPT in limited circumstances. The consequences of travel can oftentimes be adverse in the short term if not planned for appropriately. As each case is different, travel is always a risk, and personal facts differ from case to case, it is advisable to seek the counsel of a competent immigration attorney.

Archived