H1B Visa for Higher Education Institution.... easy or not !!!

Robin2000

Hey All,

I am Robin; I work for Institution of higher education in Student Affairs (it is State University) and I recently got my H1B visa petition approved from USCIS on behalf of my university. I will be going to H1B visa stamping to India soon.

I am real concerned because I have MBA and 2.5years past work experience in student Affairs. I just finished my one year work at my current University and they renew my contracted already.

Basically, I have a master which is not directly related to my filed and I am really nervous about this.

Can someone help me?

(I heard it is easy to get H1B VISA because I work for STATE school )….. is this true ???

Thanks,

Robin

For ALL H1s, the job has to require the degree that the person has.

It does not matter if it is a company or a university.

H1s for faculty at an accredited university are pretty easy, but for staff there is no difference if it is a university or a for-profit company.

Hey All,

I am Robin; I work for Institution of higher education in Student Affairs (it is State University) and I recently got my H1B visa petition approved from USCIS on behalf of my university. I will be going to H1B visa stamping to India soon.

I am real concerned because I have MBA and 2.5years past work experience in student Affairs. I just finished my one year work at my current University and they renew my contracted already.

Basically, I have a master which is not directly related to my filed and I am really nervous about this.

Can someone help me?

(I heard it is easy to get H1B VISA because I work for STATE school )….. is this true ???

Thanks,

Robin

Were you working on OPT? OPT required that you be working in your field.

Archived