Opt EXT initial review from 7 months, H1B approved.

ashakell

hi all,

My opt EXt has been pending since six months from NOV12 ,initial OPT expired Feb 13 and recently my H1B got approved.

I can work upto end of JUN'13 (upto 180 days to work while STEM Ext in process) but how to cover the gap from Jun to OCT??

I consulted my DSO, I got reply saying all I have to do is wait but my concern is I will be fired if I am not eligible to work for three months.

Please suggest.

Hi, I have conatcted uscis through phone , in walk to feild office more than three times now and I get is an email from them The status of this service request is:

Thank you for your inquiry, the California Service Center (CSC), Customer Service Unit, is committed to providing you the best possible customer service.

The required background checks for this case remain pending. We will render a decision as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision within 180 days of this inquiry, please contact csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov.

I am not sure what back ground checks are they making since 6 months.

Hi

same was the case with me they sent RFE after 8 months. I got it last week and I am preparing my documents. All you can do is wait, even I called several times and visited field office, expedited process but was of no use. (California service center)

Archived