H1B visa stamping (appointment for taking photo)

anu2

Hi -

I am planning to go to Kolkata consulate for my H1B visa appointment. The instructions at ustraveldocs website says that I need to take two appointments, one with VAC for finger-printing/photo and the other with consulate. The VAC appointment should be scheduled a day before the consulate appointment.

However, after I entered my details in ustraveldocs website and made my payment, the first page that comes for booking an appointment is with the "consulate". Is that how it is - the VAC appointment page follows after I have picked a date for consulate appointment? How would I know if I would get a slot with VAC if the appointment for VAC comes after the consulate appointment? Or is it implied that it will always be there?

Could it be that the system concluded that I don't need to go for VAC because I answered "yes" for "Have you been ten-printed" in DS-160 and hence skipping the page altogether? I assumed that I am ten-printed since the procedure started in ~2007 apparently and I went for my last interview in 2008 though it was not for H1B.

Anybody had a similar experience recently? Any insight would be of great help.

Thanks.

Archived