Extending B2 visa

hussainjarjis

Hello,

My aunt is on B2 visa and her stay of 6 months is going to expire on 4th June. Although I have applied for the extension and got receipt from USCIS, but since the past one month, the status on the USCIS website is under "Initial Review".

I have some questions on this.

1. Can she stay in US even if the status is showing as "Initial Review"

2. If she needs to go back to India on 4th June, when will she be able to come back. Does she needs to wait for another 6 months and then she can fly back

Please let me know about it.

Regards,

Jarjis

1. Can she stay in US even if the status is showing as "Initial Review"

2. If she needs to go back to India on 4th June, when will she be able to come back. Does she needs to wait for another 6 months and then she can fly back

A visitor cannot spend more time in foreign country compared to his stay at home country in a year.

If she makes a second visit immediately, that's clear that sh doesn't have strong ties back and will creates trouble at POE in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I am in same boat. Applied for B2 visa extension online for my parents on 05/13/2013 and am getting tensed about when USCIS will process the case? any information will be helpful. Their current I-94 expires on 07/12/2013....we applied couple months in advance with the reason for extension being taking care of my spouse after C-section and our new born twins.

Pls. let me know the status of your case.

Archived