two seperate one way tickets for visitor visa holder travelling to US

jydopp

My mother will be travelling on a one way ticket from HYD to JFK on Etihad airways. Her return will be on a different ticket on Lufthansa to BLR. She holds multiple entry visitor visa to USA. These two tickets are award tickets booked using miles. Since I don’t have enough miles with single frequent flyer program for entire round trip, I had to book separate tickets.

Now, after reading couple of other posts, I am concerned that the Etihad airlines might refuse to give her boarding pass since she has no return ticket with them. Did anyone have experience with them on travelling with one way tickets? Any comments or past experiences of travelling with two separate one way tickets with visitor visa are most appreciated.

Now, after reading couple of other posts, I am concerned that the Etihad airlines might refuse to give her boarding pass since she has no return ticket with them. Did anyone have experience with them on travelling with one way tickets? Any comments or past experiences of travelling with two separate one way tickets with visitor visa are most appreciated.

Nope, never heard about this. That's up to passenger to choose return flight airlines.

Check with Etihad. She might have to show the return ticket / itinerary to obtain the boarding pass. If time permits, call the local Etihad office and have them verify the tickets etc and put a note on the reservation. This will save time at the airport.

Archived