EB2 - DEGREE EQUIVALENCY

Hi all,

I have 4 year Bachelor's Degree and my working experience was evaluated by expert who has issued an expert opinion that I have equivalency of U.S. Master's Degree. MY employer is about to file ETA9089 on my behald (PERM) and we want to know in the section of the highest level of education alien worker achieved - do we put my BS or do we put "Equivalency to MS"? The requirement on the ETA is listed as MS.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how 4 year undergraduate foreign degree can be evaluated as US Masters Equivalent. Is evaluator combining your education with some experience ? To me and I am not a lawyer, it seems you only have US equivalent of Bachhelors Degree.

For PERM, you cannot combine education and experience. As a matter of fact, combining degrees is difficult.

Your attorney representing your employer for PERM process should be able to address answer per your job qualifications. This might be an issue at I-140 or even PERM stage. You technically shouldn't be involved.

I have 4 year Bachelor's Degree and my working experience was evaluated by expert who has issued an expert opinion that I have equivalency of U.S. Master's Degree.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, 4 yr of Bachelor's will never be equal to Master's in US. But adding your work exp may/may not change the outcome.

please consult a lawyer.

maybe you are referring to BS plus 5 years of progressive experience for qualifying as EB2.

Hi all,

I have 4 year Bachelor's Degree and my working experience was evaluated by expert who has issued an expert opinion that I have equivalency of U.S. Master's Degree. MY employer is about to file ETA9089 on my behald (PERM) and we want to know in the section of the highest level of education alien worker achieved - do we put my BS or do we put "Equivalency to MS"? The requirement on the ETA is listed as MS.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Archived