Will this cause issues?

Hi Guys,

I am waiting to go for my Visa Stamping in Canada. I have a question however.

I have a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, two years work experience at TCS and another two at a non-profit where I did some IT work. I then got my MBA from a very reputed University in the US. My current job is in Business Intelligence where I work with the client to translate Business requirements into Technical requirements and work on the technical side as well.

I work on the EVC model. I am now afraid that the Visa will be denied since I do not have a bachelors or masters in Comp. Sci.

How accurate am I? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you are referring to H1B status. If so, your credentials as related to the sponsored position are vetted by USCIS during the adjudication of your petition. However, it is within the consulate’s authority to review your credentials and how they relate to the position again. Therefore it is advisable to be sure the H1B petition described what is necessary for the position and how you possess the requisite credentials. It is also important to be able to clearly articulate this verbally to the officer if requested. If you have additional questions, please speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived