Mom B2 visa rejected

momtravel

Hello,

My mother B2 visa got rejected on May 15th 2013 in Mumbai consulate reason was 214 B. She was planning to travel alone for 4- 5 months duration. Questions asked were

Why are you going?

Why your husband not accompanying you?

On which visa your daughter entered US?

Would like to know:

Q1. When Can I reapply for her B2 visa. I mean if someone could specify in terms of 1 week / 2 weeks /3 weeks/ 1 months etc.

Q2. What different we need to do this time so that the Visa officer is convinced for her return to the country.

Q3.Do we have any specify no of attempts within a stipulated time?

Q3. Is there any documents that need to be shown at the second attempt.

Q4. Is the process of reapplication same as the new applicant process i.e. Filling Form 160 , Payment, Appointment etc.

Yours Valuable suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Why are you going?

Would like to know:

Q1. When Can I reapply for her B2 visa. I mean if someone could specify in terms of 1 week / 2 weeks /3 weeks/ 1 months etc.

Q2. What different we need to do this time so that the Visa officer is convinced for her return to the country.

Q3.Do we have any specify no of attempts within a stipulated time?

Q3. Is there any documents that need to be shown at the second attempt.

Q4. Is the process of reapplication same as the new applicant process i.e. Filling Form 160 , Payment, Appointment etc.

It all depends on how your mom responded to those questions??

Without knowing that you can't get answers for your questions??

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am inviting her just to spend some time in summers.

Here are the questions that were asked:

Why are you going?

Tourism purpose and visiting daughter and son -in-law

How many months do you intend to stay ?

5 -6 months

Are you traveling alone ?

Yes

He is managing our small business.

What business , monthly income from business , Hotel Sq foot ?

small hotel / 2000 sq foot...

H4.

She specified that the son in law will be sponsoring her trip.

VO did not see her any documents.

Also, she is employed and have got a NOC from her employer. She has accumulated leaves over the couple of years. No discussion happened on her work.

Please provide your valuable suggestion as to can we have her employment as a valid reason for reapplying.

Also, Will there be an issue for reapplication after 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

I hope this isnt one of those trips where your mom is helping you to deliver...because that is not allowed as its considered work on B1/B2.

depends on the anwers your mom gave.

better to consult an Attorney like Murthy in Chennai.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

@ T75 : Her employment was mentioned in Form 160. But there were no questions were raised on her employment during interview.

She has accumulated leaves over the past couple of years and has a No objection Certification from the employer. Can this be a new reason for reapplication after 2 -3 weeks.

Was her employment noted in the application but not questioned?

Hello,

Unable to understand the implication of sponsoring for parents.If you could please explain.

Thanks.

They are visiting US not you. That means they have to show strong ties back to their home country, if they doesn't have money for their trip and the sponsoring person for that trip is in US currently that shows that your parents are dependent on you and VO thinks that they might not go back after the initial legal status.

If you are not a USC, then you are a guest staying/working in US legally and a guest cannot sponsor another guest(your mom).

Archived