CPT start date moved

nani_b5

Hi,

My employer changed my CPT start date and moved it to start of next month.

I was supposed to start on Jun 10, 2012, instead it started on July 1st 2012.

So, I do not have the pay stub for June. I have the pay stubs for rest of my CPT period.

I got an RFE for my OPT application requesting paystubs for entire CPT period and I do not have the pay stub for June time period.

I am concerned whether this will cause an issue. How should I proceed to explain this to USCIS.

Please help.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

What has university name has to do with the question? I think the question is about CPT start date.

Because, CPT is given by an university based on certain conditions. To know whether the university is following those rules and regulations, people wants to know the name of that university. But since you are not mentioning the name of that univ, that means their is something going against.

Now it's clear, from here onwards your 'horoscope' will be written by USCIS.

What has university name has to do with the question? I think the question is about CPT start date.

I am glad, you did not ask for my birthdate & horoscope too. May be you guys are the real judges and judge on it too.

Make better use of your time, with out bugging people.

A bunch of schools give out CPT against the rules.

When we ask questions, we ask for a reason. You can expect similar questions from officials in the future.

For other relevant readers

The answer to this thread is:

- You need not start your employment from the CPT I-20 start date. There can be small gap. As long you supply the internship letter, you are good.

- You cannot start your employment before CPT I-20 start date.

Also,

- Never abuse CPT. CPT is for internship and if you use it accordingly, USCIS will not reject your case, as was the case with me.

- Always submit all I-20's, if not you will get RFE, as was the case with me.

- Always prefer state & reputed universities and USCIS will not reject your case, as was the case with me.

- Sometimes, you application will be picked at random for further processing, because of name matches (like patel etc), but you will eventually get it. As was the case with one of my other friend.

- RFE does not mean you did something wrong. Most of the times it means some extra documentation is missing or required.

Archived