Relationship to sponsor - B2 extension

sudbon2784

Hi,

My mother arrived to US in Dec 2012 and her I-94 expires in Jun 2013. I would like to extend her stay for another three months and I am filling the I-539 form. I am a graduate student with part-time assistatntship.

Instead of me, can my cousin fill I-134 on behalf of my mother? If so, I have few questions and I would be glad if any of you could answer for me.

1) How do I show the proof of relationship between my cousin and my mother? (lastnames are different)

2) My cousin lives in a different place than we are. Will it be a problem to have my address in I-539 and my cousin's address in I-134?

3) Can I fill out I-134 sponsoring for her food and housing and my cousin for remaining responsibilites (travel expesnses, medical insurance etc.)?

Thank you!

Hi,

My mother arrived to US in Dec 2012 and her I-94 expires in Jun 2013. I would like to extend her stay for another three months and I am filling the I-539 form. I am a graduate student with part-time assistatntship.

Instead of me, can my cousin fill I-134 on behalf of my mother? If so, I have few questions and I would be glad if any of you could answer for me.

1) How do I show the proof of relationship between my cousin and my mother? (lastnames are different)

2) My cousin lives in a different place than we are. Will it be a problem to have my address in I-539 and my cousin's address in I-134?

3) Can I fill out I-134 sponsoring for her food and housing and my cousin for remaining responsibilites (travel expesnses, medical insurance etc.)?

Thank you!

Very first question, what's the reason for extension???

@omshiv: Thank you for letting me know.

Due to the weather restrictions and my PhD research, I could not able to take her to some places as we planned. I thought of extending for another three months, so that we could visit other places. Instead of having a denial, I will prefer to send her home before her I-94 expiry date.

Thanks again!

Due to the weather restrictions and my PhD research, I could not able to take her to some places as we planned. I thought of extending for another three months, so that we could visit other places.

that's not a good reason to apply for ext.

If you do so, then it might effect her future visits.

Archived