Immigration Reform

maverick41

Indeed, and USCIS also knows this. Why they just enforce the existing rules?? Why new rules or Laws to enforce the existing ones??

USCIS doesn't make laws. I would have hoped that you know that.

And, the current administration has enforced the existing laws better than previous administrations, as is evident by the skyrocketing number of deportations.

You really seem to have fallen victim to the anti-immigrant propaganda.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends is techie in Microsoft and he is loosing the job.

Nokia or Microsoft does it makes any difference here??

One out of 18K?

I said "MOST of the layoffs are at Nokia plants."

They are also closing their studio in Hollywood that did games for the XBox. But again, these are a few hundred people at most. Heck, Yahoo laid off more people in recent years in the US.

The large majority of the MS layoffs are at Nokia plants outside the US.

You really need to stop listening to anti-immigrant propaganda.

And, the current administration has enforced the existing laws better than previous administrations, as is evident by the skyrocketing number of deportations.

I am not anti-immigrant. I am against this corporate politics.

With is reform, people think that they are getting benefits ( like EAD's either for legal aliens or undocumented ) but the really beneficiaries are the giant corporates who take the advantage of the competition and finds cheap labor.

Agree with everything except the statistics on deportations. The numbers are a spin as a result of re-classification of raw data. In plain English, the term deportation does not mean the same to the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. 

Raw data however seems to indicate enforcement is lower than the Clinton and Bush administrations with Clinton being the highest. Google for ICE data and analyze yourself. 

One out of 18K?

I said "MOST of the layoffs are at Nokia plants."

They are also closing their studio in Hollywood that did games for the XBox. But again, these are a few hundred people at most. Heck, Yahoo laid off more people in recent years in the US.

The large majority of the MS layoffs are at Nokia plants outside the US.

You really need to stop listening to anti-immigrant propaganda.

One doesn't make a difference, I agree.

Microsoft is the one which is laying off the employees, doesn't matter either its from Nokia or MS.  What matters here is cunning tactics of MS, its the same org complaints about the lack of resources by firing the employees. Aren't their any STEM employees in this layoff list??

It complained that they doesn't have enough techies and now they lay off the techies. So their is no relation here??

I agree that it's their problem, but why they complain that they doesn't have enough technicians??

Sigh.

Do you really think somebody who has designed phone hardware, for example, could work as software engineer?

All this are the BS talking points of anti-immigrants.

Please educate yourself about this and don't just mindlessly repeat the complete and utter BS of the antis.

Geez. It isn't rocket science.

I am not anti-immigrant. I am against this corporate politics.

With is reform, people think that they are getting benefits ( like EAD's either for legal aliens or undocumented ) but the really beneficiaries are the giant corporates who take the advantage of the competition and finds cheap labor.

You repeat the BS from the anti-immigrants.

Please educate yourself about this and don't mindlessly repeat BS from the antis.

The MS layoffs have absolutely nothing to do with immigration. Not with the H1, not with the GC, not with illegals. Please get that into your head.

And discussions about corporate policies doesn't belong here. There are lots of other forums for that.

Agree with everything except the statistics on deportations. The numbers are a spin as a result of re-classification of raw data. In plain English, the term deportation does not mean the same to the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. 

Raw data however seems to indicate enforcement is lower than the Clinton and Bush administrations with Clinton being the highest. Google for ICE data and analyze yourself. 

There are some 'Open Border' an 'Illegal Immigration' activists here, so you should ignore them. Anyone who calls 'Illegal Immigration' as just plain immigration, they are the activists we should be careful of.

As I said before, the only Immigrants are the legal ones who followed the law and stood in line.

It's so ironical, this is a Legal forum and some people favor illegal immigration.

Sigh.

Do you really think somebody who has designed phone hardware, for example, could work as software engineer?

All this are the BS talking points of anti-immigrants.

Please educate yourself about this and don't just mindlessly repeat the complete and utter BS of the antis.

So phone hardware isn't part of engineering?? Doesn't that job belongs to STEM category?Do you have list of employees by department who are getting laid off??How can you say that not even one employee from STEM category is not getting fired??

I have explained clearly in the earlier posts how this reform will benefit corporates. If you prove that this is wrong then I happily agree with you.

And please don't use the WW-2 words like anti, propaganda, rocket science.

You repeat the BS from the anti-immigrants.

Please educate yourself about this and don't mindlessly repeat BS from the antis.

The MS layoffs have absolutely nothing to do with immigration. Not with the H1, not with the GC, not with illegals. Please get that into your head.

And discussions about corporate policies doesn't belong here. There are lots of other forums for that.

It's sad that you don't understand the relationship between immigration and corporate benefits.

It's sad that you don't understand the relationship between immigration and corporate benefits.

It is sad that you think there are such relationships.

You have become an anti-immigrant, using corporate policy stuff as a lame excuse to bash immigration.

Shame on you.

It is sad that you think there are such relationships.

You have become an anti-immigrant, using corporate policy stuff as a lame excuse to bash immigration.

Shame on you.

Same to you.

I recently experienced this, an American was replaced by immigrant who agreed to work for less pay.

I pity you that you don't understand the basic rules for saving money.

Moreover you didn't even proved that my explanation about corporate benefits w.r.t immigration is wrong.

If you don't like the policies of Microsoft, the solution is simple: Don't buy their products.

There are lots of alternatives, e.g., the most widely used OS in the world, Linux (it is the foundation for the market leader in mobile phones, Android.)

My household has been Windows-free for a decade. Is yours?

If you don't like the policies of Microsoft, the solution is simple: Don't buy their products.

There are lots of alternatives, e.g., the most widely used OS in the world, Linux (it is the foundation for the market leader in mobile phones, Android.)

Does this post makes any sense??

BTW, you still didn't replied to my explanation about the relationship between immigration and corporate benefits.

Lol..please dont have this thread locked.

Joef you are talking about MS Products and Rahul is talking about Immigration with respect to Corporate policies. No apples and oranges here.

Immigration hawks don’t want House Republicans to include border-security provisions in legislation addressing the influx of unaccompanied children from Central America.That counter-intuitive position stems from a fear that Senate majority leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) will use a conference committee — the panel of lawmakers who work to resolve differences between House-passed and Senate-passed bills — to force the House to vote on the comprehensive immigration bill written by the Senate “Gang of Eight.”

An aide to House speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) says there is no chance that the House would permit Senate lawmakers to smuggle the Gang of Eight legislation into a conference committee on the supplemental funding for the border crisis.

(Source: National Review)

Does this post makes any sense??

BTW, you still didn't replied to my explanation about the relationship between immigration and corporate benefits.

There is NONE. It is not hard to understand.

Even a caveman would understand it.

Lol..please dont have this thread locked.

Joef you are talking about MS Products and Rahul is talking about Immigration with respect to Corporate policies. No apples and oranges here.

Sigh.

There is NO relationship between immigration and corporate policy.

Companies are responsible to their shareholders, to nobody else. Econ 101. I suggest taking that in your local college.

There is NONE. It is not hard to understand.

Even a caveman would understand it.

If caveman can understand this simple explanation then why don't you prove that its wrong with simple explanation.

One of the ways to save money is by cheap labor and when you have more people for a job even those high skilled jobs becomes cheap labor. And by this reform, you will find more people for a job than ever before. I am not against this, that doesn't impact me. But clearly impacts the corporates balance sheet.

Lets stick to the topic at hand.

The fact of the matter is that current 'legalizing' of illegal children from Honduras will NOT benefit the legal immigrants in any way. It will in fact delay our processing. Nothing is being done to help the Legals who have been waiting in line for years.

Lets stick to the topic at hand.

The fact of the matter is that current 'legalizing' of illegal children from Honduras will NOT benefit the legal immigrants in any way. It will in fact delay our processing. Nothing is being done to help the Legals who have been waiting in line for years.

And nothing will be done if the same legals subscribe to conspiracy theories, e.g., wrt some company.

Nobody wants to deal with loonies.

If caveman can understand this simple explanation then why don't you prove that its wrong with simple explanation.

One of the ways to save money is by cheap labor and when you have more people for a job even those high skilled jobs becomes cheap labor.

That's third-grade economics.

It may be true if there is no growth. But there is tremendous growth in the tech industry, with lots of new companies being created, who need employees.

So, it is a "seller's market", and people can ask for and get great salaries in the US tech industry.

And further, a significant part of keeping the workforce is to keep people happy. Companies in the tech world know that this includes great salaries, and other perks. Or do you think, as example, Google offers free lunch, bus rides to and from work, etc. out of their own great heart?

If it was about "cheap labor", we wouldn't have any software development in the US. People in other countries, from Russia to India to China, work for way cheaper than people in the US. All it needs is the Internet. Now, there is of course some outsourcing, but MS, for example, does most of the sw development in the US. Managing worldwide sw development is where all the savings would have to be put in, with the net effect of no savings at all.

As I said, attending some econ classes in your local college helps understanding things.

Archived