Am I eligible for EB-1 in NIW

I am currently on H1b visa and working as Lecturer in a University. The Physics dept. where I work, wants to keep me forever. Lately, I came to know from the University HR dept that they do not do GC process for the Lecturers. Currently I have one year teaching experience at this university, but I have several years teaching exp in INDIA.

1. MS from USA in Physics,
  2. 1 technical research paper
  3. MS from INDIA in Astronomy,
  4. Research and several years teaching exp.

I was wondering about my prospects of going through the (NIW) EB1 route.

If not is there any way I can apply for GC.

I will really appreciate any help and guidance.

Would be tough to do a self-sponsored GC.

More important than GC: Do you want to be a lecturer forever? Any further progress in academia would require a PhD. So, if you like Physics, why not try to get a PhD? A PhD would, among other things, improve your chances of a GC.

First of all, NIW is used for EB2 cases, not EB1. Secondly, based on the limited information you have provided, it seems highly unlikely that you would be approved for either NIW or EB1. The standards for NIW and EB1 cases are quite high. For people in the sciences, we generally recommend a minimum of 10 publications with a strong citation record. A record of serving as a peer reviewer for scientific journals can be helpful, as well.

There are other forms of evidence that can be used, but ultimately, if your Physics Department is serious about keeping you, they should consider approaching your school's HR department.

First of all, NIW is used for EB2 cases, not EB1. Secondly, based on the limited information you have provided, it seems highly unlikely that you would be approved for either NIW or EB1. The standards for NIW and EB1 cases are quite high. For people in the sciences, we generally recommend a minimum of 10 publications with a strong citation record. A record of serving as a peer reviewer for scientific journals can be helpful, as well.

There are other forms of evidence that can be used, but ultimately, if your Physics Department is serious about keeping you, they should consider approaching your school's HR department.

Thanks for reply,

1)Am i eligible for EB2 case.

2)can another Company apply GC for me, though i am not working for the company now.

Thanks for reply,

1)Am i eligible for EB2 case.

2)can another Company apply GC for me, though i am not working for the company now.

If the position requires at least a master's degree, and the applicant has the equivalent of a U.S. master's in a related field, the university can generally sponsor the individual for EB2.

Yes, in general, there is no need to be currently working for an employer that files a GC case on your behalf.

Archived