Incorrect I-485 Approval

vikram8

Originally posted by vikram8:

newjersey2011, I made a trip to the local CIS, this time another officer had talked to me and he said I shouldn't worry about it since it is already approved. I asked him if there will be a problem in the future and he said no everything in the system is fine and that it shows me as permanent resident. He also said since I already got my card I can freely travel using it.I told him about the first IO who said he had sent an email to TSC indicating the mistake and he went and discussed something with him. He then came back and said the other IO had not sent any email at all! He said if I still want to pursue it I can contact the national service center on a 1-800 number. So, it is back to square one now and I do not know what to do at this point.

If you have all evidences such as SR numbers etc. in regards to this and USCIS is not want to act then why you are troubling your self. Just go and enjoy.

I will once again reiterate my earlier comments. Please read the Murthy Post once again:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_app485.html

Please talk to Murthy Attorneys about this, instead of listening to people, who do not have any immigration legal background.

As per your first posting in this thread, your EB3 PD is April 8, 2007, and you never applied for an EB2 Labor to port your EB3 PD. So by just applying the common sense, there is something wrong in the 485 approval when your EB3 PD is not current, unless USCIS has started approving all 485 applications regardless of the Priority Dates. :-)

As I said, it is not your responsibility at all to take care of those things.

This is a typical third-world country mentality, and it is sad that people do not learn basic ethics or values, even after staying in this great country for so long. USA is the No.1 country in the world, only because People take the responsibility to discern what is wrong and what is correct.

"This is a typical third-world country mentality, and it is sad that people do not learn basic ethics or values, even after staying in this great country for so long. USA is the No.1 country in the world, only because People take the responsibility to discern what is wrong and what is correct."

What a bunch of self-righteous boondoggle. USCIS officers adjudicate petitions professionally, and you have to trust they have made the right decision, and not ride in on your high horse questioning how people do their jobs. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with what he has done. Messing with other people's business, however, is definitely a third world attitude.

USCIS Officers are human only, and they make mistakes. That does not mean that a chance will be grabbed open-heartedly, even if there is a doubt that this is done in mistake. (E.g. It is like you have only 100 dollars in your bank account, and when you withdraw money from the Bank, the Teller gave you 200 dollars by mistake. It does not mean that the Teller did not do the job professionally, but this proves that we are human, and we make mistake. If you take that 200 dollars by knowing that the extra 100 dollars was not yours, that is called dis-honesty in simple ethical term.)

The same way, vikram8, tried to be honest in his approach to let the USCIS authorities know that this is done in a mistake. It is a very basic general rule which everyone knows that I-485s cannot be approved unless an immigrant visa number is immediately available in the specific category; in this case it is EB3.

If you have read the earlier link, as per Murthy Law Firm’s recommendation, whenever an applicant receives any erroneous approval, he/she should discuss the problem with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney. It is not advisable to sit and enjoy, when some actions are needed to correct the mistakes.

"(E.g. It is like you have only 100 dollars in your bank account, and when you withdraw money from the Bank, the Teller gave you 200 dollars by mistake. It does not mean that the Teller did not do the job professionally, but this proves that we are human, and we make mistake. If you take that 200 dollars by knowing that the extra 100 dollars was not yours, that is called dis-honesty in simple ethical term.)"

Using your own analogy - I did receive the $200. I then went out of my way to set up a meeting with the bank supervisor and explained to him the problem. I was assured that it was all good. Do you now want me to hire a attorney, file a petition in the court and claim that i have been "anti-victimized" ?

Dude, looks like you are jealous that this guy got his GC due to some error on the part of USCIS.

[This message was edited by Admin on September 24, 2011 at 12:08 PM.]

• 6 years later...

Archived