Employer not providing H1B Reciept number and copy

ayugarg

Hi

I am on H1B with my current employer. I decided to change the job and started the process with another employer. But meanwhile, my current employer convinced me to stay back.

Now the other employer is asking me money for withdrawing the case. I am 99% sure that the employer has not started the H1 Transfer yet. He is not giving me the Petition receipt also. Is there a way to know if the H1 Transfer was initiated?

Thanks

Ayush

Hi

I am on H1B with my current employer. I decided to change the job and started the process with another employer. But meanwhile, my current employer convinced me to stay back.

Now the other employer is asking me money for withdrawing the case. I am 99% sure that the employer has not started the H1 Transfer yet. He is not giving me the Petition receipt also. Is there a way to know if the H1 Transfer was initiated?

Thanks

Ayush

He cannot simply ask you the money for H1 processing. Just relax and concentrate on work.

I am a little worried about - In case he doesn't withdraw it and the H1 petition gets approved, then will it impact my current I 94? And as I am not aware of the H1 receipt number, I will not be able to determine the end date on that I 94.

I am a little worried about - In case he doesn't withdraw it and the H1 petition gets approved, then will it impact my current I 94? And as I am not aware of the H1 receipt number, I will not be able to determine the end date on that I 94.

Even if that H1 is approved, you are still on H1 with your old employer. So you are good, and its not mandatory that you have to work for your new employer.

Archived