H1B Visa Holder Opening LLC - Indian Restaurant

thirumal

I Have opened a manager managed LLC and the manager will manage all day to day operations, hiring, buying inventories, takiing care of tax and other bills.

My LLC Agreement says, I will be 100% owner (Passive) and my manager will be taking of the business, All the license are under new LLC Name and I have given my information along with that.

Is this going to be problem when it comes to H1B Renewing or my green card processing, my company going to start processing my soon in 1 month.

Please advice me that, what I did was correct or not

Consult an immigration attorney and get a professional opinion. You should be ok. S Corp should be better than LLC. However, you have to deal with some additional paperwork for S Corp. I am not either an attorney or an accountant but was in a similar situation. So go talk to an attorney. 20 mins consultation does not cost much.

Consult an immigration attorney and get a professional opinion. You should be ok. S Corp should be better than LLC. However, you have to deal with some additional paperwork for S Corp. I am not either an attorney or an accountant but was in a similar situation. So go talk to an attorney. 20 mins consultation does not cost much.

For an S-Corp, the rules are that all shareholders have to be USCs or LPRs.

Archived