Administrative processing for visitor's visa

hsharmeen

Hi,

I am a green card holder and applied for my parents' visitors visa at the Hyderabad consulate. They had an interview on 6th May and my mom was mostly asked 3-4 questions and was told that her visa is approved. My dad was asked 1 question and he said "I am an engineer and have my own business". Immediately, the visa officer told him that he will get an email and he needs to respond to it. No colored slip was given and both their passports were taken.

The email asked some basic questions including some irrelevant ones and also asked for his CV. Now the situation is:

1. My mom's visa is approved but her online status is showing as Administrative processing - similar to my dad's. Does anyone know why that would be?

2. My father prepared his CV as asked in the email and filled up the questionnaire. They are asking him to submit any other documents if he wants to. Does anyone know what else to submit? I am not sure if I should submit the documents related to me(the sponsor) or my dad's documents - all of which they had carried for the interview but no one had checked them.

Anyone with a previous similar experience? Do we have an estimate as to how long this can take? And I am very concerned about my mom's visa approval and subsequent change to AP.

All replies welcome! Thanks in advance

Archived