J2 to H1


Recommended Posts

My wife is on J2 EAD and her employer wishes to sponsor her H1B in July.My J1 waiver has been approved and am waiting to file for my H1.The question is can one switch from J2 to H1b directly without leaving the US?Any input/recent experiences in this matter would be appreciated.Thanks

Link to comment

Yes, your wife can change status from J2 to H1 within US as long as she has an employer willing to sponsor her H1. If she is looking for a cap subject H1 the quota for fiscal year 2014 is over. She has to wait till April 2014 for an employer to apply for a H1 with a start date on 1st October 2014. If she is looking for a cap exempt H1 then her employer can file it anytime in the year.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.