Travel to UK on EAD/AP

Hi,

My current status is AOS pending. EAD and AP documents are up to date.

I have plans to visit my Family and Friends in London this summer. I do know that the first thing required is to get a UK Tourist Visa which I will get it. No issues with that.

My concern is with the AP document. If I travel to London, spend approximately 2 weeks there and then return back to the United States, will the UK Immigration officials stop me at check-in or at the gate before I board the plane because I possess AP ?

The reason I ask this is because I have heard that the UK Border Agency does NOT approve of the AP for travellers like myself who do not have a Green card nor do they have an H1.

FYI, I have travelled to London in 2008 when I was on an H1 and there were no issues. When I checked in at Heathrow, they checked my passport for the presence of a valid document that they know will allow me to

re-enter the US. They also checked my passport again at the gate.

But now the situation is completely different.

Yes, I do know that when travelling to India, if we transit through Heathrow, then as Visa nationals, we have to have the airside Transit visa. But, for this visit, I am NOT Transiting!!

Please help.

Thank you

Archived