Kind Request - PP Clock stopped from 35Hrs

Tapich

Hello Friend,

I have applied for my H1 transfer in March under Premium Processing and got an RFE, to which we responded and the clock started on the 18th of April.

On Apr 28th, @ 12:15PM, the clock has been stopped and I see below message in the USCIS website:

"On April 29, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case."

I called up the premium processing line, 866.315.5718, they say that a notice has been sent about my I797 that will describe the action that I must to take.

It has been almost 35hrs since and neither my attorney got the response nor my status is updated.

These being the most painful hrs to sustain, I would request you to chime in if you have come across anything as such.

Thank you both for replying.

Sadly, this is the forth day and status did not change yet and my attorney did not receive from USCIS either. Its been really painful to have been kept in the dark for so long..

I called up USCIS support line on the 800 number and they said they cannot discuss anything with me but only with the Employer or the Attorney. And both my Employer and Attorney are trying to convince me that we have to wait until we receive something from USCIS and are not ready to call them to get the status update.

Hi Tapich. I got the same exact message on the same day as yours except that this is for L1.

My employer is also not willing to reach out to USCIS and clarify this. The automated response say's i797 has been sent. It should be an RFE (or) Approval. Because, denial comes in I-292. Either way's I leave it to the experience attorney's to help with this junk status.

Don't worry.. we should get a letter by Monday. Tomorrow is tough. Stay safe.. Let know this forum about ur outcome.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for replying.

Sadly, this is the forth day and status did not change yet and my attorney did not receive from USCIS either. Its been really painful to have been kept in the dark for so long..

I called up USCIS support line on the 800 number and they said they cannot discuss anything with me but only with the Employer or the Attorney. And both my Employer and Attorney are trying to convince me that we have to wait until we receive something from USCIS and are not ready to call them to get the status update.

HI Tapich,

Any update? I am in a similar situation, clock stopped, and no update for 4 days

• 2 months later...

Friends,

Sorry for the delay in updating.

I got a denial. This could be disheartening to hear. BUT, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have immediately applied for H1 with consular processing with another company. Could not apply for MTR with the company with which I got denial for various reasons.

Denial reason was that I did not have proper documents to prove employer employee relationship. I narrowed it down to understand it was because I did not have client letter and had 2 layers in between.

Then, in the new H1B with new employer, I got an RFE again to provide more evidence to prove the employer employee relationship. I have provided Contracts/ SOW between end client and prime vendor and between prime vendor and middle layer.

Remember these documents should state the same duration as was requested in the petition. Or, should not state anything at all. Or, do your magic.

Then, my petition was APPROVED with consular processing at Chennai.

Here is the twist in my story. I already had a stamped visa in my passport that was valid until Sep 2014. I went to India thinking to go for stamping. But I consulted 3-4 attorneys and they all said I dont have to go for stamping if I have a stamped VISA that is valid and can fly back and get a new I-94.

Could not believe that it would be that easy, but I wanted to try this option because going to consulate with a complicated case is a little too scary for me..

BINGO! Immigration Officer at the POE didnt ask me a question. I am back and all set.

So, good luck.

Lets be good to someone and someone shall turn out to be good to us too. Cheers friends!

Archived