Travel to Puerto Rico on 797 H1B approval Only. No visa on passport at all ?

livelifelargelater

I got a new passport, since my old passport was lost. Currently on my new passport I do not have any US visa stamped. I do have an approved 797 H1B letter. Can I travel to Puerto Rico with just the approval letter & a DL & my new passport with no visa stamped in it ? After calling Southwest airlines, they are saying just the DL is good enough, since its a US territory.

I got a new passport, since my old passport was lost. Currently on my new passport I do not have any US visa stamped. I do have an approved 797 H1B letter. Can I travel to Puerto Rico with just the approval letter & a DL & my new passport with no visa stamped in it ? After calling Southwest airlines, they are saying just the DL is good enough, since its a US territory.

Yes, you don't need a PP.Just a photo ID is enough.

Has anyone been there recently ? Are these recent experiences. I read a few posts on here but there were from 2009 & 2011.

Dude, its clearly written, PR is part of USA. It's just like you are flying from NYC to SFO.

If you are still not convinced, then find out who is the president of PR.

Has anyone been there recently ? Are these recent experiences. I read a few posts on here but there were from 2009 & 2011.

Sigh.

Please educate yourself. Puerto Rico is part of the USA. A flight to PR is the same as a flight to NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, etc. etc. etc.

So looks like just a DL is enough to go to San Juan PR. Got that part, Thanks ya'll !

But the most important questions, is just the DL enough to come back to mainland Texas as well ?

If stopped at the jetbridge, will my approved 797 & I94 work, even with no visa on passport ? Please don't hate for asking question.

Not sure why you are asking the same question again . If you travel to (say) New York and then to Boston, do you need a VISA ? No. Why would this be any different.

However, there is a requirement that aliens always carry Document proving their legal status (that would be passport and I-94) always. Normally a copy works. But again, that has nothing to do with entering "mainland" (whatever you mean by that). You DO NOT need a visa to travel TO/FROM Puerto Rico.

So looks like just a DL is enough to go to San Juan PR. Got that part, Thanks ya'll !

But the most important questions, is just the DL enough to come back to mainland Texas as well ?

If stopped at the jetbridge, will my approved 797 & I94 work, even with no visa on passport ? Please don't hate for asking question.

Dude, you didn't leave US. So why do you need a visa??

Both are the US. It is a DOMESTIC flight. It is just like every other domestic flight.

Is your passport checked if you fly from New York to Dallas??? That's how silly your question is.

Both are the US. It is a DOMESTIC flight. It is just like every other domestic flight.

Is your passport checked if you fly from New York to Dallas??? That's how silly your question is.

JoeF...you need not be Rude here...its uncalled for...this question might look silly to you, but it may not be for OP...people come here to ask silly questions because they are not aware of the rules and immigration policy.

JoeF...you need not be Rude here...its uncalled for...this question might look silly to you, but it may not be for OP...people come here to ask silly questions because they are not aware of the rules and immigration policy.

I wasn't rude at all.

In fact, I wrote before in this thread: A flight to PR is the same as a flight to NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, etc. etc. etc.

THAT should be enough for anybody to understand that it also applies to the return flight. Or do I really have to tell educated people that "A flight FROM PR to somewhere else in the USA is the same as a flight FROM NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, etc. etc. etc. to somewhere else in the USA"???

Geez.

I wasn't rude at all.

In fact, I wrote before in this thread: A flight to PR is the same as a flight to NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, etc. etc. etc.

THAT should be enough for anybody to understand that it also applies to the return flight. Or do I really have to tell educated people that "A flight FROM PR to somewhere else in the USA is the same as a flight FROM NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Honolulu, etc. etc. etc. to somewhere else in the USA"???

Geez.

agreed

Archived